Sunday, March 2, 2014

Goal Ball!!!

I haven't done a blog in a few weeks because I have been so busy with work and Camp Abilities Michigan. I went to a Goal Ball Tournament today at Warren Mott High School. At the event I was lucky enough to see some amazing athletes. I met a great group of female VI athletes as well. They call themselves "Live Wire". I went to their game today and saw Live Wire play a competitive game against Team Wisconsin. Through great efforts and through the use of excellent communication skills, Live Wire prevailed against Team Wisconsin.

Here is a great link to an article about Live Wire and the sport of Goal Ball:
Goal Ball

A picture from Live Wire's practice 



Quote of the Week:

Video of the Week:

An excellent video by the Adapted Physical Education channel about making equipment for a student with VI to help them with guided running.